Another year down. I know we’re all ready to move forward, but perhaps not so fast.
Before you jump in and start making your resolutions, goals and dreams for the upcoming year, you must first REVIEW your 2016.
Because you can’t know where you are unless you take note of where you’ve been.
Schedule a personal planning retreat and take time to reflect and renew. My girlfriend and I have a tradition where we take a day in January and head to the spa (because when you live in Arizona spa groupons abound.) We bring our journals, books, hopes, dreams and aspirations. But, first we reflect on our past year by answering these important questions……
1. What are my fondest memories of 2016? Go back through your calendar and photos because if you’re like me, you will have forgotten some of the really cool moments that actually happened this year.
2. What were significant moments during this year?
3. Am I closer to my friends and family from my activities this year?
How did I invest in my relationships?
4. What mentors had the greatest impact on me? Why?
5. What books did I love and learn from this year?
6. What did I procrastinate on and fail to get done?
7. How was I transformed this year? What lessons did I learn?
8. What area of my life did I neglect this year?
9. How did I do good in the world this year?
10. What did you do this year that you never want to do again?
Hope your answers will help bring some clarity in how you want to proceed for this year! Happy New Year!